Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What should I spend my 1200 certs on?

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #130

• Acaymo
  • Thank you received: 79
I've been accumulating a huge amount of certs, and I'm not sure what to spend it on...
I need an expert on these fields to give me some advice what is good or not.
PS: I already have a decent Liberator loadout, that's why I'm not listing it here.

Annihilator: This looks like the best option, but I'm a big fan of dumbfire... I feel like if I buy it I'm going to miss the default RL when I have a Prowler in my face.

Breaker Rockets : I know for sure these turn the Reaver into a beast, even more with infrared vision, but there is a reason I didin't bought them: I suck at piloting, I really suck. I fear buying them and then not being able to use them properly. And I don't want to be in the pilot's seat all day, I like shooting stuff while being infantry.

Adrenaline Shield: I love rolling the Heavy Assault. It's the class I play most. This ability looks really decent, but I don't want to waste my certs into something I can't even test and it's not much better than the other 2 shields avaiable.

SMG: I always liked the concept of hacker infiltrator. But then again I'm afraid I will suck at it, and it's very situational.

Vanguard/Lightning pimpimg: I like Vanguards and Lightnings, but I suck at them. I suck at many things right? Now, really, I'm better at taking down tanks with Heavy Assault, rather than with a tank. While driving a Vanguard I have the feeling I'm so slow, and I can't deal with hiding enemy Heavy Assault. They always fuck me up.

Well. That's all I have in my mind. I ACCEPT SUGGESTIONS. If you bought something really worth spending 1000 certs and is not listed here, tell me.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Acaymo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #142

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
First of all - congratulations! Well done for collecting all those certs!

I would recommend getting the annihilator purely because It's so useful as an anti-everything(despite it being slow). Having that said though, it's no replacement for the Shrike(default rl). The Shrike, like the Decimator is very hard hitting particularly when you've got the jump on a vehicle. Always remember locking on increases your time to kill so while it may "seem" easier to take care of tanks with lock on it's not a substitute at close range where ttk/ROF is everything. however at longer ranges and in annihilator groups(7+ people) you can be a part of a huge deathball. Which is always pretty fun, imo.

The A2G Reaver requires a huge investment in certs and the added risk of being too close to the ground. To use it efficiently you will want infrared or upgraded zoom optics for it to be super effective(the rockets are rather slow at range, plus hover stability level 3 and infrared for maximum manueverability close to the ground.

Skip to 1:10 for comparisons between the other two shields.

If you're choosing shields, generally it's not recommended but nobody's actually tried it out so idk, it might actually be really useful. Generally everyone favors resist shield. But it sounds useful, so it's worth trying I guess.

SMG - bottom line is it's superior at close range. the GD-7F is better as an all-around weapon but if you're infiltrating/front line with HA/LA the SMG is the way to go.

The new data sheets have been updated to reflect the new weapons and changes from the latest patch.SMG DATA. CARBINE DATA.

If you get it, I recommend you slap on an infrared scope to help pick out mines and infiltrators, plus extended mags with flak armor. Due to it's low rate of fire you WILL need a sight to make sure all bullets meet their target. That's not to say you can't spray, you'll just lose out to the other smgs and carbines with higher rof. Otherwise it's an amazing gun for front line use(LA/HA/Infil). The data is there if you want to compare with the GD-7F but I shit you not it is a great investment with great returns seeing as most of the infantry action happens in the front line anyway. Plus it's available for ALL CLASSES once you buy it so you more options for use than any other gun out there.

As for vanguard/lightning currently we don't use those too often but if you want a good upgrade get the vanguard shield and fire suppression(heals about 20% when you're on fire). Otherwise don't bother with the special cannons and whatnot, you will only use them occasionally. The Skyguard is a viable option but its much easier to pull HA/Burster Max rather than lightnings when you're up and about.

Out of the 5, I think the SMG would be the best option, followed by annihilator, breaker rockets, tank upgrades then adrenaline shield. If I were to recommend something out of this list, I'd say spend it all on upgrading your spawn beacon. Right now we don't have many people with fully upgraded spawn beacons and it would REALLY benefit the outfit if you could get that and lead a squad.

There's plenty of other good investments out there too. Bouncing Betties(for infiltrator), your second C4 for light assault, anti-tank mines, healing grenades, underbarrel smoke grenade launcher(though you need to buy the gun first) and Ammo resupply for sunderer.
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by MrPokealot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acaymo

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #145

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
  • Victim of the Unexpected
  • Thank you received: 4
Annihilator is OK if you wanna play in them death squads Meph has going every once in a while. Planes are being shot down left and right atm so maybe wait with the Breakers until the training area gets implemented? Adrenashield was a big letdown for me since we NCs have no real CQC options that would really shine in storm-that-room-and-kill-everyone situations...
I'm a big fan of pimping tanks, especially lightnings - simply cant go wrong! And also, training as a tank is a lot easier as a flyer ;) I'd try either rolling an anti infantri or anti tank build with smokescreen and rival chassis - really lets you turn and run in a second!

Hope this helped, Stache

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #153

• Warpath
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
I always suggest the Resist Shield + max Nanoweave for the HA class. So I'd stick with that.

And eventhough it's not on your list, I'd like to suggest the AT mines for your engineer. A brilliant piece of weaponry for taking out enemy armoured columns.

Also, Vanguard pimping = hell yes. I have all cannons, but I find myself using the HEAT for practically all situations. Invest in the Vanguard shield + armour of choice (I took side armour) + rival chassis and you'll have a rather fearsome battletank.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #154

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
Oh yes, definitely AT mines even if you simply chuck em down and change classes! They persist even that, y'know! ;)

But I'd have to say Resist Shield stacks up a lot better with Flak Armor as both give a % damage decrease, allowing you to survive two (!) direct Zephyr hits (tested myself) as compared to the Nanoweave difference of 1.3 slow LMG bullet.

But yeah with the new update I'd say the Vanguard is also a viable point to sink your certs into (the something-something 85 missile launcher is SWEEET now and only costs 250certs), I'd go for front armor though since side armor apparently doesn't increase the number of shots it takes a hostile tank to kill you whist front armor does (despite the smaller%) - there's a mathematical debate on the forums.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #155

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
Oh, and one more thingy, I'd advise you to test out the SMG and then test the Piston afterwards since I found that the latter is a lot more to my taste in close-combat enviroments such as Biolabs...

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #157

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
What I really want out of this game is a full auto shotgun, like the USAS from Bad Company 2, otherwise I'm sticking with my gd-7f..

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #159

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
Piston is full auto mate. Slap an ext mag on that and you can clear out 3 peeps in one mag with one shot to spare (if your positioning's any good).

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #167

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
Siiiiick

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #173

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
Just bought the Piston myself after extensive trial and have to say it's amazing! However, shotguns are still underwhelming compared to most guns due to the fact that you have to be within kissing distance of your enemy... Meh.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #185

• Acaymo
ShamelesStache wrote:
Just bought the Piston myself after extensive trial and have to say it's amazing! However, shotguns are still underwhelming compared to most guns due to the fact that you have to be within kissing distance of your enemy... Meh.

That's exactly why I didin't even suggest shotguns. They're good only at closest ranges, and appart from being situational, other guns can do good at short ranges too.

Well, first of all thank you for all the answers. I've read through all your posts, and I'm still unsure what to buy, but I'll try SMGs (without buying) and I will roll uncerted Vanguards for a while to see if I can love them. I'll consider buying the Tank Mines and Bouncing Betties (I've been thinking about these for a while now).

I'll definetly throw away the Breaker Rockets idea. Way too many certs to make something work, and I'm not even good at it.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #187

• Madvillain
  • The Village Idiot.
  • Thank you received: 139
The Annihilator works fantastic to clear out enemy aircraft zergs , especially when you have another annihilator user and a engineer to provide ammo.
I think I made most of my certs with that thing.
Part from that , anti tank mines and bouncing betty's are kind of a must have.
They stick on the map when you change class , works awesome in defense.
I especially like the bouncing betty's when you are capturing a flag indoors.
this way you have a early warning system, when it goes off (and your XP goes up) you know they are coming your way.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #214

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
I've got to admit, having tried it out I can say the piston is a beast of an automatic shotgun . Pity it has such a small magazine size.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #217

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
Extended mag nearly doubles the size of the ouch! :D (66% increase!)

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #218

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
Yeah, I'm aware. It seems the case with smg too. I might buy it with cash eventually in the summer when I have more free time in the year. T___T uni life is shit *Edited by the Grammar Police*
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by MrPokealot.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #219

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
It's shit, not THE shit... In my case at least!

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #222

• Acaymo
But are you guys serious about using shotguns? I might have to try that Piston. Anyway I think 1000 certs is too much for such a situational gun.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #225

• ShamelesStache
  • Senior Boarder
Arent all purchases situational? :D I tend to gravitate towards biolabs nowadays simply because we get lolrolled by tank zergs and flyfags everywhere nowadays and in that situation, I just think that nothing spells kkthxbye quite as efficiently as a shotgun round to the back of the head... Bought and certed mine yesterday and spent the entire day laughing out loud whilst playing LA.. I usually get a better score as a heavy or medic but for the sheer kicks of it, shotgun all the waaay!

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #230

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
Yeah I'm quite serious about buying the piston, though if I had those certs I'd buy things I can't get with sc first I.e. Equipment upgrades rather than new weapons. Because you can get more of them and they go further in the long run.

What should I spend my 1200 certs on? 5 years 9 months ago #234

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
  • Thank you received: 1197
As you seem to think you suck at everything, save a bit more and get dual hacksaws for the max.

You'd have to be pretty retarded to not be able to mash people up with those.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds