Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Flash Grenade for LA

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1780

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
  • Thank you received: 760
Opinions? Anyone has it? :huh:

I just unlocked it yesterday.

I figured it could be a good tool clearing out zerged places and caputre points.

What is your experience about it? I know it's a bit pricey for a grenade to resupply but lets not go into this, I'd rather hear usage experiences.

It seems to do a full 4 second allwhite effect if it blows 1-3 meters from you, in the fifth second you are starting to come back from the white, and 5,5 seconds later you are completely normal.

So that's not a lot of time to burst into a room and kill everybody, but if you ever have been flashed you know that it's pretty disabling! :silly:

By the way, I haven't checked yet (only threw three before I logged out yesterday) that does the flashgrenades block sound as well? As in you hear static sound/no sound for the duration of the flash effect???

I wish that this device will help me to do commando missions.

If I could get few other LA's to back me up, we could storm generator/SCU shield gen/SCU rooms by throwing the flash, bursting in from multiple windows and doors, clearing the room.

Anyone up for a "Jack's Lightning Strike LA Squad" ? Enemies only see the heavenly light of our flashgren, and all they hear is the thunderous roar of our guns! :woohoo:

EDIT / P.S: The certification point cost is 200 Certs for Flash Grenade, if you wanna join!
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by HIGHCommanderJack.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zooba

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1781

• Ostenwald
  • Gold Boarder
  • Toilet problems
  • Thank you received: 98
Im going to get is just so we cna do this.

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1784

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
So the story of the The Lightning Strike LA Squad begins! :cheer:

Two flash grenades into a room equals no chance of surviving for the enemies! :lol:

Nice that you will get it, but you don't have to get it because of me...

However if you're still keen on getting it, lets team up when we're online together for some blinding LA action! :evil:

Is zooba going to be the 3rd Flash LA? Three flashgrenades would leave even their offsprings blind ;)

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1785

• hbw
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 170
i used it for a while but it never felt right. My playstyle involves stealthing into big clusters of enemies and wiping them out with my mauler and felt a flash grenade would help this but more often than not i'd end up flashing myself and the effect on enemies wasn't as powerful as i'd like. Plus the LUDICROUS high resource cost, twinned with me having to rebuy 2 c4 every life usually meant i went back to frags.

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1787

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
Well if you have it, you can be part of our LS-LA Squad! :)

Three of us will maybe even get some enemies killed - unless we fuckup badly and flash ourselves three times :D

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1789

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
Was considering getting a flash nade but my laptop is down for repairs. Its useful if you're in an attacking squad but you really need teammates to back you up with firepower, plus you need to be able to coordinate, i.e. timing your flash nades with normal grenades, then maximize the number of kills in the room i.e. one guy takes left flank the other takes right rather than focusing on a single target(unless its a max).
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by MrPokealot.

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1793

• Backf1re
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 174
hbw wrote:
i used it for a while but it never felt right. My playstyle involves stealthing into big clusters of enemies and wiping them out with my mauler and felt a flash grenade would help this but more often than not i'd end up flashing myself and the effect on enemies wasn't as powerful as i'd like. Plus the LUDICROUS high resource cost, twinned with me having to rebuy 2 c4 every life usually meant i went back to frags.
There's been so much talk about the resource cost being too high for class specific grenades that people are requesting SOE to lower them. Non-lethal should always bee cheaper than lethal, that's one of the big arguments right now.

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #1796

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
I know this is a very situational grenade which will only be useful with team coordination.

However, as we all have microphones (or at least most of us) it will be fairly easy to communicate who throws flash when and who goes in where...

Or not? :dry: We end up flashing each other blind, enemies kill us all?

The experience I had with earlier today was great.

I was using it defensively, defending a point - I could see that oh, 2/6 guys on the point, so just throw the flash in the middle of the point, go in and kill blind enemies. Especially indoor points are a breeze, as in the confined space the blind lil piggies cannot run far, even if they try. :whistle:

It's promising but I think it's harder to use it offensively as you need more coordination. :blink:

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #2130

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
Today I cleared a few points using this Flash Grenade, used the method above; Saw that there are guys on the point, throw the grenades (to different places on the point), go in, kill "idle" enemies. :woohoo:

The trickiest thing using Flash grenade is how to get your enemy maximum flashed, giving you lots of time to confront him - without flashing yourself.

The further you are from your flashed enemy, the less time you will have time to locate him after throwing the flash. :dry:

If you're too close, you might end up flashing the enemy and yourself - worst case is that one or two enemies don't get flashed and they come to slaughter you. :sick:

The flash effect will hit you even if you throw the flash into a room and don't back out of the doorway - many times even if I am a few meters from a doorway (e.g. I don't see the flash grenade itself) and I've thrown the flash "behind the corner", I still get flashed; The best method avoiding self-flash is to throw the flash from the door and then immediately fly a few meters up the air, if possible.

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #2137

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
Well why not throw from a high position instead? Biolabs would be good for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HIGHCommanderJack

Flash Grenade for LA 5 years 7 months ago #2155

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
Actually I haven't even thought about using these in Biolabs! :)

I'll try to succeed in this today, if I happen to wander into a biolab :)
Time to create page: 0.650 seconds