Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Life and Death?

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1382

• Tiiliskivi
  • Thank you received: 114
Just wondering, what does living and dying mean to you in this game?

Do you have the highest rank healing kits and hold on to life like it's something precious, or do you instead do suicide runs where your own life matters less than those mines getting under that sunderer, no matter how many runs it takes from the spawner?

Do you rush into battle jumping and gunning wildly, or do you ease in through cover?
Are you one of the dudes who shoots before he thinks or the other way around?

to break the ice:

I'm into suicide running alot, on purpose, just to see if I can kill a group/sunderer/X before they can kill me, or grabbing a heavy and jumping into tower [A] points and taking as many down with me as I can, often turning the point for some precious time.

I also sometimes do a grenade kamikaze, just to deny a kill/get a couple kills and respawn fast with more mines, when defending a key point this usually means that they will run there slower than me, and that means there's gonna be betties waiting for them.

From a game technical point, dying is also faster than redeploying or moving to another area by some other means, so it wouldn't be that far off to see dying as BENEFICIAL in this game, but only if you don't give a shiz about k/d, as ranking doesn't mean anything for your characters abilities inside the game world.

on the other hand, something strange happens when I know that my deployed sunderer just became a key part of the battle and I usually put off dying for quite a while at that point, often clinging to life through multiple attacks that take me really close to dying, living under my car and praying to some higher power to make a medic spawn there...

So, feel free to share some thoughts about DEATH!... or life :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1386

• Quox
  • Fresh Boarder
I always try and survive for as long as I can! So that means, cover, tactical retreat, calling in evacs (which never happen because people are mean) and using stealth!

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1387

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
When it comes to sunderers, It doesnt matter if I live or die, the sunderer is going down in any way possible.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1389

• Badvrouw
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
I do not understand this topic.. but sunderers are annoying as hell for sure.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1390

• cheerio
  • To portray a maniac offers a compelling challenge
  • Thank you received: 380
Life long to kill more guys :)
But bringing sunderers or prowlers or magriders down is worth a suicide.
If i encounter a low hp MAX with a group protecting him i suicide too most of the time. making sure a grenade hits the group ofc ;)

I vehicles i try to stay alive as long as possible but i do not hesitate to use myself as a shield for a macs mate in need.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1391

• AbaddonTheFallen
I like my sundy :dry:

I usually go for an kamikaze mission to destroy their sunderer. Usually I die from friendly tank mines, because there were ppl who got there befor me :P

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1409

• gluttonberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I try to stay alive, especially when I play medic. Most of the time, when the medic is down, all are dead. I don't avoid places where I know I will die, but I always stay close to cover and I nearly never stop moving.

Killing a Sundi, MAX or tank is always worth a death, or even more when you get another chance to kill it.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1427

• Backf1re
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 174
I'm usually the first one in, so I die allot because of this. But most of the time I try to stay alive as long as possible, because you can never count on your team fielding any medics.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1430

• BlakezX
  • Thank you received: 294
I just scream for Brainwipe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brainwipe

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1432

• Madvillain
  • The Village Idiot.
  • Thank you received: 139
BlakezX wrote:
I just scream for Brainwipe.

+1
The following user(s) said Thank You: brainwipe

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1435

• BlakezX
  • Thank you received: 294
But seriously I don`t care about k/d. Have no idea how many times i`ve suicided when trying to destroy sundies and other high value targets. It`s an awesome feeling blowing things up and im gladly giving my life for it.
Life and death is a bit easier here on Auraxis than on the planet Earth.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by BlakezX.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1439

• Ash
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
It depends on situation, when I can bomb a sundie I run toward it like a dog after a cat. But when infantry fighting I try to stay as long as possible, change place almost after each kill, adjust my range (I'm using SAW so I try to be at least 20 m away from enemy). It's not that I care about my K/D, I just don't want TR o Vanu to gain experience.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Ash.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1452

• Acaymo
  • Thank you received: 79
I am never satisfied until I kill at least 2 enemies or vehicles. But I rather kill KILL KIIIIIIIIIILL than dying.
When I'm flying in a lib and I know the enemy's gonna kill me I usually bail out and smash to the ground, rather than be killed. That's a matter of pride.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1454

• Acaymo
  • Thank you received: 79
and -sorry for doubleposting- I rather don't die killing a Sunderer. Of course destroying it is the most important thing, but if I can survive I just do it. And then kill another sunderer.

Like when I killed 3 sundies in a row. Sneak, mine, BOOM, sneak out, resuply, repeat.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1456

• brainwipe
  • The Doctor
  • Thank you received: 319
As you can see from my K/D, I like running into a fight - usually as a medic. I know that this tactically poor as the medic is supposed to keep to the back. It's a difficult position to be in, because I like to run in to capture first and I like healing and reviving people. Think of it as leading from the front.

My stats are always a surprise to me. I watch the Certs because it is fun to buff things but all the other stats aren't important to me. Is the banter good? Is the fight good? Am I having fun? Those are the important things to me and the game doesn't measure them.
My low K/D is not because I'm a shit player, it's because I'm a shit medic.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by brainwipe.

Life and Death? 4 years 6 months ago #1485

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
Personally I've always felt the best way to kill a sundie is to come from above i.e. drop pod, LA jetpacks, land a reaver right next to it
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds