Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Life, Teamspeak and all the rest

Life, Teamspeak and all the rest 4 years 7 months ago #1087

• Erzfeuer
  • Expert Boarder
  • "I'm too old for this shit."
  • Thank you received: 62
Hey guys.

So, I got myself TS3, installed it and got it to work (I think). Rather than technical issues I find myself now facing problems of a... social kind.

To the point: How do you guys configure your TS, and how do you get it to work with you in-game-vc? I myself like push to talk (don't want the whole squad to know when and what I eat), so I'm already challenged with the different activation buttons. How do you fit TS in? Is it parallel to the platoon channel? Which channels do you use, are there tipps for the placement of hotkeys? Enlighten me! :)

Then there's a different problem: I find it hard to understand, who is telling who what to do. I have no problems understanding Mephisto, but others are harder to understand (to the point where I miss orders). That's bad, because I really like to work with precise orders, and I like the MACS especially for being both organised and relaxed. So, if I fall out of line, it's because I don't get you guys. I'm no native speaker. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Erzfeuer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Life, Teamspeak and all the rest 4 years 7 months ago #1088

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
  • Thank you received: 1197
Regarding push to talk config: I've used LEFT ALT since the dawn of time for all my voice comms. I can play 100% effectively while using that and any other combination of buttons just through simply doing it for so long.

If voice comms is a new thing for you then all I can say is just stick with something that seems reasonable and you will get used to it eventually.

To be honest unless you are leading there is very little that needs to be said anyway.

Follow the orange arrow. :)

Life, Teamspeak and all the rest 4 years 7 months ago #1092

• Erzfeuer
  • Expert Boarder
  • "I'm too old for this shit."
  • Thank you received: 62
Thanks. Maybe i expressed myself badly: I'm not new to VC, and I used ^ for ages, so that key is pretty learned already. The multiple channels are my point here. So, how do you sync the channels (Platoon, Squad, Outfit, TS)? All on the ALT, just blowing it out?

And call me nostalgic, but I still like to report incoming hostile forces, and the occasional bit of smalltalk in relaxed times can be very nice. I play MMO because I like to play with people, and that means communication, too (at least for me).

It could be said: I just would really like to participate. ;)

Life, Teamspeak and all the rest 4 years 7 months ago #1094

• Gag
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 37
platoon,team chat and so on are still on my numpad. There isn´t much to say through that anyway so I´m fine with the standard config
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds