Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: GU4 Preview

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2114

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
  • Thank you received: 1197
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2115

• Backf1re
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 174
Awesome, much more informative than a patch list. And man Maggie's voice, so sultry. :whistle:

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2117

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
  • Thank you received: 760
Dunno about the power of our rocket, but the Vanu charges up to level 3 charge very fast, and the terrans spamlauncher seems very powerful. :unsure:

And ours? The terran kills the tank with three shots? And ours should be more powerful, right? Ours takes two and he doesn't kill the tank. :sick:

Or am I wrong here?
All of them do the same damage, just different mechanism? :blink:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by HIGHCommanderJack.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2118

• Erzfeuer
  • Expert Boarder
  • "I'm too old for this shit."
  • Thank you received: 62
I could only watch that thing without sound, so pardon me if my questions were already adressed in the commentary.

But wouldn't the launcher allow to fire straight up out of cover and then to dive down on the top armor of the tank? Or doesn't the missile turn fast enough?

And, since the biggest problem IMHO would be the vulnerability of the shooter: would it be possible to fire the missile from the passenger seat of a driving quad? That would take the "drive-by shooting" to a whole new level... :)

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2121

• hbw
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 170
HIGHCommanderJack wrote:
Dunno about the power of our rocket, but the Vanu charges up to level 3 charge very fast, and the terrans spamlauncher seems very powerful. :unsure:

And ours? The terran kills the tank with three shots? And ours should be more powerful, right? Ours takes two and he doesn't kill the tank. :sick:

Or am I wrong here?
All of them do the same damage, just different mechanism? :blink:

i'd say its useless to speculate til they're released mate, funnily enough the official forums are full of TR and VS whining their launchers will be trash compared to the NC one, so who knows!

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2122

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
High Commandaer Jack: If you watch the Terran one in 1080p you can see the tank HP bar moves like 1/6th so it's just editing that makes it look like a 3 shot.

Erzfeuer: It was possible in PS1 to stand behind a hill and fire at enemy targets from complete safety. Same goes for enemies behind cover, just lob it over the top. It was all I ever did on my NC character, immensely fun as it 1 shotted infantry for a time.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2123

• Erzfeuer
  • Expert Boarder
Yeah, sounds like fun. :D I wonder if the missile will also work as a "scout drone"... ;)

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2124

• zooba
  • Thank you received: 502
The pilot in me fears a new dark age is approaching. The gamer in me likes new additions and a dynamic game.
Unofficially entered hypercasual activitystate

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2127

• Sanguycarpe
  • Officer
  • That French guy
  • Thank you received: 976
I think it's the feature that I've waited for the most. Can't wait to use this new Rocket Launcher.

But I'm not really sure what the TR rocket launcher will be able to do, I don't know if it has been said and I didn't understand correctly, or if we don't know yet, but anyway, will it be able to fire rocket against infantry as the Crow or the Hawk, or will it be impossible to use it again infantry, as the Annihilator ?

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2131

• JackHerrer
  • Officer
  • smokers gonna smoke
  • Thank you received: 761
I just hope this weapon makes it possible for the NC to unleash barrages of missiles out of fucking nowhere, i think we have a tactical advantage. I'm not so sure about the firepower, but we sure seem to have more tactical options available with it.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2132

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
  • Thank you received: 760
Yeah, and hitting the back end of a tank already does a lot of damage.

So with these, we could easily kill tanks - I figure three HA + one engi would dominate any tank infested area; All three just fire the rockets on one tanks asshole, and I guess it wouldn't even take the three rockets - maybe two would be enough.

Time will tell.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2135

• gluttonberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
For now, when you fire a guided rocket, let's say an AV-turret rocked in the rear of a tank while you stand on his side, it doesn't count as a hit from the rear. With a camera guided missile this could be different, it should count as a small vehicle so it really depends on where it hits instead of where the person who fired it stands.

Another thought(and fear) of me is, that when the missile counts as a normal vehicle, everything should render around the missile. This would make it possible to shoot stuff that's out of render distance, and this could really break the game.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2136

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
Well they could limit the travel time, and hopefully they allow preimpact detonation as well

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2138

• Erzfeuer
  • Expert Boarder
That's my fear: a limited range which destroys every advantage from the guiding.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2140

• Backf1re
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 174
Edit #1; Don't speculate anything you see in this video, RadarX already said they are subject to change. And Maggie "Luperza" did say these videos are a way of SOE presenting what the updates will include and why they decided to change/add things.

Edit #2; Wait for the VR zone to judge what a weapon can do and feel like to use. Again, don't speculate.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Backf1re.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2143

• Acaymo
  • Thank you received: 79
I find it really amusing how the beginning of the video was EXACTLY like League of Legends' update videos. I mean, word by word, the same thing.

Too bad I didn't see anything I didin't know about this update, but it's cool to see the new stuff in a video. I see they're still fucking lazy (or just unoriginal) with the weapons models. Except TR's new RL, VS and NC's looked like modified versions of their regular RL...

ANYWAY, TR and VS keep crying about the new weapons and how OP NC is now. Stupid kids. Like NC's new RL looks like it can steer properly... TR got a lock on for both air and ground while VS has a huge projectile velocity that can instagib ESF. Phoenix can hit aircraft too, but it's not as easy. I mean, comeon, what the fuck are they crying about?

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2146

• gluttonberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Acaymo wrote:
I see they're still fucking lazy (or just unoriginal) with the weapons models. Except TR's new RL, VS and NC's looked like modified versions of their regular RL...

I think the purpose of this is to save some memory. It's rather performance optimization than being lazy.
And in reality weaponsystems keep getting more modular, e.g. look at the FN SCAR, this thing can be everything. This way soldiers can handle carbines and battlerifles without having to learn anything new, and production is cheaper too. I guess this trend will continue and those weaponplatforms are pretty realistic in a futuristic FPS.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2150

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
well it would make sense, after all >200 meters from origin you don't really want to hit anything. It's the rule of diminishing returns, the further you are away from your target, the harder it is to hit.

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2153

• JackHerrer
  • Officer
  • smokers gonna smoke
  • Thank you received: 761

GU4 Preview 4 years 8 months ago #2159

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
Higby confirmed that squad member colours on the map have been fixed and that the minimap zoom is in.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds