Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Planetside 2 user accounts hacked!

Planetside 2 user accounts hacked! 4 years 7 months ago #1275

• brainwipe
  • The Doctor
  • Thank you received: 319
From PS2 blog this evening.
We have detected that there recently has been unauthorized third-party access to one of our systems. The possibility that your data (Email address and password) has been accessed by an unauthorized third party cannot be excluded. We were able to detect the problem promptly and took all necessary actions to rectify the issue.

Your account data is encrypted with us for your security. Nevertheless, we have decided to take preventative measures in order to ensure the highest degree of security.

All accounts that may have been subject to unauthorized access have received an e-mail in which we have requested the user to change their password.

Did you get an email? I didn't! The more complex an authentication system is, the easier it is to hack and with all of SOE's integrations with third parties, I can't say I'm overly surprised.
My low K/D is not because I'm a shit player, it's because I'm a shit medic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Planetside 2 user accounts hacked! 4 years 7 months ago #1276

• pieterv
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 246
Sigh… at least this time Sony took the time to encrypt them I guess. Progress!
Didn't receive and email either.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by pieterv.

Planetside 2 user accounts hacked! 4 years 7 months ago #1279

• gluttonberry
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
brainwipe wrote:
From PS2 blog this evening.
We have detected that there recently has been unauthorized third-party access to one of our systems. The possibility that your data (Email address and password) has been accessed by an unauthorized third party cannot be excluded. We were able to detect the problem promptly and took all necessary actions to rectify the issue.

Your account data is encrypted with us for your security. Nevertheless, we have decided to take preventative measures in order to ensure the highest degree of security.

All accounts that may have been subject to unauthorized access have received an e-mail in which we have requested the user to change their password.

This is actually signed by "ProSiebenSat.1Games Team", this is a german TV company, they also offer F2P onlinegames and afaik a special paymentsystem for them. For me it looks like they messed it up
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds