Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wotcha, sir.

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2279

• withersea
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Yo. I don't normally say 'yo', but I can't start off introducing myself in a serious fashion. Not that you could tell it wasn't serious, since we've not met and it was in text. But now that is out of the way:

I work in HR. That isn't me, but I mention it because one of my idols is Catbert (ala Dilbert) and this results in a conflict which I find intriguing and allows me to get into situations for which maniacal evil laughter is a defensible option. That tells you a little bit about me. I also run around barefoot through grass because I like the texture and I climb things because it is more fun than going around them. I like debunking erroneous 'facts' because I am insufferable and it means I get to learn something, often something obscure. The rest is long-winded, but my friends call me eccentric because they are nice about me.

I am 30. That sounds old to me but I don't often act like it unless a jump off something high and then my knees and ankles remind me that they don't like that any more.

PS2 pretty much the first shooter I have played seriously (with Mass Effect being the bridge from my usual RPG-stint to shooting) and I still find the fact that I like it odd.

I would like to join MACS because I would like to be part of an outfit that actually does things as a group. Having been part of various open platoons, MACS is the only outfit in which I have consistently enjoyed myself. (I remember one other outfit's, labelled specifically as recruitment, in which the platoon leader spent over 10 minutes complaining at the members to “actually shoot the enemy”. That was the only direction or tactic offered to co-ordinate the platoon. It was memorable.)
You do stuff, you set goals, you set waypoints, you talk, you're fairly casual. I like those things. So what if sometimes all I can hear on the voice com is static and the words “regroup...vanguards” - I understand giant glowing columns of light in green or yellow and you've been pretty forgiving about not actually knowing what's going on, as long as people are in the right area.

Addendum: I promise I'll try harder not to gun down Lightbrigade. If nothing else, he makes my guilt worse by being so nice about it. (On a seriously note though, Lightbrigade currently stands as the only person who has ever responded to me when I sign off from the platoon. Thank you for reminding me that common courtesy is important and, yes, that makes my guilt even worse.)

That was too much talking. I am a bad writer and shall now flog myself with a tabloid newspaper because I enjoy the irony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrPokealot, Madvillain, JackHerrer , Badvrouw

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2283

• Madvillain
  • The Village Idiot.
  • Thank you received: 139
You are a epic writer :D
welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: withersea

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2286

• JackHerrer
  • Officer
  • smokers gonna smoke
  • Thank you received: 761
Welcome to the Maniacs, glad you like our style.

And is withersea your ingame nick as well? Because i can't really recall that name. Just to be sure :cheer:

PS. Yes, Lightbrigade, our second-in-command, is the most sir of all sirs.
feel-like-a-sir-template.jpg

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2288

• Badvrouw
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
withersea wrote:
I remember one other outfit's, labelled specifically as recruitment, in which the platoon leader spent over 10 minutes complaining at the members to “actually shoot the enemy”. That was the only direction or tactic offered to co-ordinate the platoon. It was memorable.)

Bigtricky. For sure.

And welcome, nice application!

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2289

• MePhizto
  • Outfit Leader
  • Thank you received: 395
Hello Withersea and a warm welcome to you.

That was a mighty fine application you just posted. It seems we have more than one writer here. You application probably said more about yourself as a person rather than what kind of player you are in gmae. But that does not really matter since we can all take a look at you in the game.

Start with adding some of our members to your friendslist so that you can ask for an invite once you go online. That way we all get the chance to play alongside with you and get to know you better.

We are a team oriented outfit and we rely a lot on our members skills and our leadership. You are also correct when it comes to us being casual, sometimes we have to be. We can not be 100% dedicated all the time. 99& dedication is enough. ;)

The reason that someone you accidentially killed didn't yell at you is beacause we know such things happen every now and then.

If feel somewhat confused that noone else has said good bye to you when you sign off. As far as I know we do it all the time. And also giving the person a pat on the back before leaving. We care about eachother around here.

I am looking forward to see you ingame. I'll talk to my officers about your application. We'll get back to you soon.

Take care!
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by MePhizto.

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2301

• zooba
  • Thank you received: 502
withersea wrote:
I am 30. That sounds old to me but I don't often act like it unless a jump off something high and then my knees and ankles remind me that they don't like that any more.

Try jumping off stuff after 40, you'll recall the 30s weren't so bad...

Welcome ;)
Unofficially entered hypercasual activitystate

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2302

• Spikor
  • Gold Boarder
  • waiting for double XP WE
  • Thank you received: 53
Cant remember that anymore, zooba ^^
Hi withersea. :D

Yep, I played Ultima and stuff ages ago . But FPS gives results faster. Must be the age.

Aint nobody got time for shizzle anymore ^^

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 4 months ago #2868

• withersea
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you all - you're too nice.

JackHerrer - Yes, Withersea is also my character name on Ceres.

FYI, since my post my internet exploded and I have moved place before it got fixed but I will fight my way back onto PS2 soon, I hope.

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 3 months ago #4778

• withersea
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi again all,

Sadly, since I last posted my graphics card melted and it pans out that I won't be able to play PS2 for a while, at least until I can afford a new one.

But go blow up some stuff for me in the meantime, if you would be so kind :)

Hopefully I will return in the future.

Wotcha, sir. 4 years 2 months ago #7269

• MePhizto
  • Outfit Leader
  • Thank you received: 395
I'll put you as inactive for now and we will await your return to ps2
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds