Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16622

• JackHerrer
  • Officer
  • smokers gonna smoke
  • Thank you received: 761
Dear brethren,

in the light of the recent events concerning 4th factioning and alter chars, the officers and
Mephizto have discussed it and the following code has been produced.

''4th factioning and alt chars are forbidden on Ceres. Our outfit has been made through NC efforts,
and that should still be respected. If you already have an alt on Ceres however, it is not allowed
to attack NC forces or bases.''

Now, our outfit is a democracy in its foundation, so above statement is open to the majority to change.
We value our members's voice, and want you to know we stand behind you, and hopefully vice versa.

So state your opinions below, post with most thank-you's will be set as code regarding the issue.

see you on the battlefield ;) ,

the officers.

EDIT:
''Alt's are forbidden only when we have MOO's, YOLO-squads, or other organised events.
If you are playing at those times, get out of the NC's way. For TS, you cannot be 'hunting'
fellow MACS members while in their channel if they do not want it.''
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by JackHerrer .
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bosbos, KIZZZZ

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16623

• pieterv
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 246
The following user(s) said Thank You: KIZZZZ

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16625

• KIZZZZ
  • Thank you received: 55
I don't believe this is even a topic that's needs any more discussion reason be?
1. It's a game why does it matter be mature
2. kinda taking freedom away from people
3. every one should be able to play the game in what ever way they feel happy with
4. it also takes a element of fun out of the game if people get mardy when they get killed by a macs on a alt then that's just immaturity you should be able laugh it off

So my vote is No we should be allowed alts as if someone from macs kills me or i kill them i can have a joke about it and not take it overly serious
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrPokealot, JackHerrer , pieterv, FatalJay, GlueHead

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16626

• Sanria
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 22
I'm for it. We are a community above and beyond just one faction on PS2, meaning if you are shooting MACS members anywhere, you are working against the community. We should be working together to dominate the server, not pissing about on other factions in the first place, but if you MUST play some other faction for some awful reason then at the very least don't make the job of your fellow MACS harder by fighting us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smithay

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16627

• TorokF
  • Officer
  • Born Fremen
  • Thank you received: 1014
All I can say is that if you're playing VS or TR on Ceres stay far away from giggo's platoons/squads or he'll be very mad at you ^^
Other than that do as you please, it's so few of us that play alts that it's really not an issue imho, just don't make a Maniac tag outfit, if you want to make another outfit call it another way or anything.

gl hf, especially if you dare cross my sight.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by TorokF.

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16629

• GlueHead
  • Thank you received: 99
Sure I understand.
But lets say I'm having a TR alt on Ceres, BR99 - that means I am forbidden to attack NC and only focus on Vanu as long as Im a member of MACS?...nah. It could be fun killing frendlies without them not even knowing anything about it. It's a fricking game.

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16630

• Smithay
  • Officer
  • Cogito ergo sum
  • Thank you received: 120
Alts encourages fraternizing with the enemy, hampers NC war efforts and causes unnecessary conflict within the outfit. Now I know Mephizto can be a hard man sometimes, perhaps on the wrong side of tough but fair; But in this case, after much discussion, he has approved what i think is a fair compromise to a polarizing issue which addresses the major concerns for both parties.

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16631

• LilMoses
  • You create your own reality Leave mine to me
  • Thank you received: 325
We should kick all members that play alt chars on Ceres.
We could allow to play alt chars while ceres is down, maybe.
We need dedication, passion, obsession, respect and manly love for NC.

Our offices have made a really soft proposal towards the right direction, should be more strict imho. Of course kicking members would be hard, but we're not here for the fun but for victory! For the NC! Come on brothers!

It's a pity we didn't have such rules in place already, I'm used to strict rules in gaming clans. As long as you can say your opinion and write spam messages I'm ok. My Karma button is on the left - of you dare to click there.
404 Not found

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16632

• MoFoMadnesss
  • Officer
  • Mofocking'madness
  • Thank you received: 728
I understand people being pissed off, and can see both sides of the argument. My only compromise is that i wont purposely hunt down fellow MACS members. But i know that if a MACS member see's me while im playing my ALT they wont think twice about shooting me, and i dont blame them for that.

check out my blog www.mofos.com

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16636

• HIGHCommanderJack
  • I enjoy freedom
  • Thank you received: 760
TBH I don't give a rats ass where people are playing and what. This is just a game.

I think it only gets controversial IF you're playing the alts while NC has lower population than VS/TR. In the old days we even had a abbreviation for this kind of behaviour - WTJ, Winning Team Joiner.

As mofo there says; I won't think twice before opening full on fire against an alt, and they shouldn't either.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16637

• FatalJay
  • Rant is as Rant does
  • Thank you received: 312
Speaking as someone who was in the camp of "Ceres players should be NC and NC only" and as someone known to have a short fuse, I have to say I have completely changed my stance and I'm against limiting alt's on Ceres in any way shape or form.

The arguments against Ceres alts as far as I know or can think of are: -

1. NC is our home faction, we should not be doing anything that hampers the NC war effort.
2. Killing MACS members with alts creates rifts between players and weakens the outfit as a unit.
3. By using an alt you are taking your knowledge and skills over to the enemy faction, which may work against the NC in future.
4. Having regular contact with the enemy encourages cooperation with enemy outfits, and makes it more likely to lose players to the opposing faction.

While none of these are invalid arguments, I feel they are a short sighted view of the situation. I would answer each one as follows: -

1. NC is our home faction, we should not be doing anything that hampers the NC war effort.
This game has no meta to speak of. Even if the entire MACS platoon shipped over to VS for a week and dominated the map, it would not change a single thing for the faction upon our return to the NC. During obviously the WDS and operation nights, I agree people shouldn't be running alts. But during general game time, there is no penalty whatsoever.

2. Killing MACS members with alts creates rifts between players and weakens the outfit as a unit.
Even as someone known to rage a hell of a lot when killed repeatedly, I do not buy this whatsoever. Having MACS members to fight against means you are fighting against some of the best players in the server. If you communicate with these people, you can analyse what you did wrong, how they beat you, and what you can do to improve yourself as a player. Furthermore a lot of players have friendly rivalries with one another, and it is very common for friends to face off not just in this game, but in every game. I myself don't share these rivalries, because that's just how I am, I even stopped shooting JJ's mossie on his TR when I realised it was him, to which he summarily chased me down and shot me out of the sky. I still give him shit about it now, but only in a fun way. The point I am making this can be a positive IF you look at it correctly. Think about how trying to deal with HBW on his TR alt made us play much more carefully back in the day.

3. By using an alt you are taking your knowledge and skills over to the enemy faction, which may work against the NC in future.
Even if there is a possibility of this happening, does that really matter? People are always coming up with new tactics and strategies for different situations, if an enemy counters one strategy (which eventually they will on their own), we get to come up with a counter to their counter. It is the natural progression of the game. Of course the more likely scenario is our alt player will come back to the NC with more knowledge of how enemy factions run their decisions. So either way it is still a moot point.

4. Having regular contact with the enemy encourages cooperation with enemy outfits, and makes it more likely to lose players to the opposing faction.
There are a few members already part of the MACS who originally started in other factions, if people want to move faction they will do so, whether or not they have a Ceres alt. If we start kicking people because they want to have their alt, you basically create a grudge for that player. What if we were to kick KIZZ? He has a VS alt, a fairly high levelled one, and he is currently one of our most active squad leaders. I'm not saying he is a vindictive sort, but would we really want to risk losing his skills to the enemy AND give him a reason to fuck up our day whenever possible? I don't think so.

People make their decisions based on what THEY want to do. I do not believe it is our place to start telling people "You are forbidden to do this, because I don't like it". This isn't Nazi Germany, where anyone who doesn't agree is removed from the picture permanently, this is a game. It is a cliche' to say, and I take it as serious as anybody, but it is still just a game, designed for people to have fun. Everyone has their lives to deal with, and they come on Planetside to get away from the grind. Who are we to say how people should spend their time off?

As a final point on my personal thoughts, I believe in playing in the spirit of the game. That means I seek challenges, I stretch myself to become better, and deliberately avoid taking the easy route. If the NC is sporting a 40% world population, and demolishing every base on the map, it is not playing in the spirit of the game to carry on crushing them. I would rather join the struggling VS on 25% pop with my alt, than sit mindlessly capping bases up to warpgates with 1 kill every 3 minutes.

I truly believe having an alt and using it responsibly can only be good for Ceres.

HA! I'm fuckin' outta here! Slaterz dudes! :D
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by FatalJay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lightbrigade, MrPokealot, JackHerrer , Gribbstar, pieterv, zooba, cheerio, JohnJNukeEmSheridan, MyCrEagle, Sinisterfister and this user have 4 others thankyou

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16639

• G1zm0.il
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
I think that although this game is persistent there is no real or lasting effect to each factions effort - so playing on alt characters on ceres should not be an issue, more so should be encouraged in off time to practice the enemy arsenal and for the sake of fun and variation.

Personally i like to fly on every factions ESF and i tend to cycle them sometimes when no friends are online.

The only way i can see harm to the whole faction is making an alt outfit and making organized play on alerts for example - but even then the consequences are minimal i feel.

I dont understand why this issue even comes up so often...

The one problem i can see with this is someone not showing for an outfit event and tries to deliberately sabotage it on an alt - besides this case its a moot point.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by G1zm0.il.

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16640

• cheerio
  • To portray a maniac offers a compelling challenge
  • Thank you received: 380
i don't get it... we took people in that had VS and/or TR chars already. and yes we knew about this. Now they are suddenly forbidden to use them as they please? stupid agenda imho.
actually i find it quite funny to encounter vs/tr chars that i recognize as macs members ^^
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

The following user(s) said Thank You: HIGHCommanderJack, OLOL6

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16642

• bosbos
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 376
I only play Nc and dont mind if one of the Outfit alts kill me as long that i am not getting stalked, but i see how this kan harm the Outfit if it gets personal and that is not what enyone wants.

I can not se that it can be dificult, if an alt meets upp with the members of the Macs just redeploy ore just play one another server.

I have been online when one of our members was killed by an alt and he did not lik it, not all in the outfit is so forgiving as me and i think we should respekt that.

When our officers have given this some thoughts, some one has brought this up as an isue, the officers have concluded and i think we should folow this conclusion. The officers has the best intentions for the outfit in mind, this should olso be the path for us members.

controversial??? i dont think it is.

bosbos
[

Freedom doesn't come cheap.I am a Soldier,I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16644

• MyCrEagle
  • I have a dong.
  • Thank you received: 458
I've voiced my feelings on this in many an outfit meeting, but I'll go over them again for the sake of having them on the record.

1. Fatal's already said it, but there's no metagame on PS2 at the moment. I could play my TR 70 hours a week for 3 months and nothing would change for the NC. We could all play TR for a month and when we stopped, nothing would have really changed. That's going a lot further than I ever would with any of my alt accounts. I mainly use them for goofing around when there isn't an alert on and I want to play casually without worrying about stats or being useful.

2. IT'S A GAME.

3. This brings me to why I play my alts. I like the change of pace it brings - most of you will know I took a lengthy break from Planetside quite recently and one of the things I did when I came back was make 2 alt accounts to give myself extra variety. The infantry game doesn't have insane levels of depth and I even got a bit bored of Lib flying after doing it for 3-4 months solid. I really enjoy rolling around solo as a TR Heavy or a VS Medic and just having fun without the stress of representing the MACS tag and helping the outfit achieve victories.

4. IT'S A GAME.

5. If we had banned alts from the MACS from the beginning, we would have missed out on some great players (Audi03 springs to mind) whose NC was an alt. Joining the MACS community actually saw Audi make his NC his main character because the community we have here is fantastic and people would rather spend time with us than with their TR or VS outfits.

6. IT'S A GAME.

7. How would we police it? My TR alt has a name that is very similar to My NC name, because I think it's hilarious fighting people I know when I play my alts, but my VS has a completely different name that only 3-4 people know. If we ban people playing alts, it will still happen because they'll use anonymous accounts which bear no relation to their NC character's name. It will simply remove the friendly banter you get when your alt kills or is killed by a MACS dude.

8. IT'S A GAME. People who are really into the lore and being loyal to one faction, etc are free to do that but I don't feel it's appropriate to impose that on the whole outfit, just as I wouldn't dream of insisting anybody made an alt account.

9. The conflation of Fourth Faction and playing your Alt in the title is a complete misrepresentation of the argument here, in my opinion. The Fourth Faction is people who switch to the faction with overpop/Indar North/lead in an alert because they like winning, not people playing Alts for the variety or who enjoy differently paced gameplay.

10. It's a game.
Sweary ServerSmash Sergeant

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16645

• Tiiliskivi
  • Thank you received: 114
I thought the NC logo on the "join our outfit" button would be a clear enough indication of our faction..

Why do you need alts in a game where everything else than some gun mechanics and a couple vehicles are pretty much the same across the board?

+ Adding in that all the time you spend on alts would actually make your main more versatile and stronger in multiple roles.
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Tiiliskivi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HIGHCommanderJack

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16646

• Gribbstar
  • Second-in-Command
  • Thank you received: 1197
FatalJay wrote:
a load of good stuff too long to quote

Who are you and what have you done with FatalJay?

But no seriously, I couldnt say it any better...
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrPokealot, Sanguycarpe, FatalJay

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16648

• elbifo
  • Thank you received: 249
actually nothing can stop a player to do that as long he didn't tell it .

for my part i got one char on each euro server, being loyal to one faction/server is a good way to improve the game

maniacs on map =======> www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1035843#

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16649

• Thunderstrom
  • Wasn't this an awesome idea Creagle?!
  • Thank you received: 371
LilMoses wrote:
We should kick all members that play alt chars on Ceres.
We could allow to play alt chars while ceres is down, maybe.
We need dedication, passion, obsession, respect and manly love for NC.

Our offices have made a really soft proposal towards the right direction, should be more strict imho. Of course kicking members would be hard, but we're not here for the fun but for victory! For the NC! Come on brothers!

It's a pity we didn't have such rules in place already, I'm used to strict rules in gaming clans. As long as you can say your opinion and write spam messages I'm ok. My Karma button is on the left - of you dare to click there.

Hi guys, i know I'm not really around or counted as a member, but i just can't read this without typing.

This must be the dumbest post i have ever read, period. it could be a quote from a handbook on "How to kill an outfit 101"

Other than that, hope everything is well, miss you! :)
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Thunderstrom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrPokealot, JackHerrer

4th factioning and alt chars: VOTE 4 years 7 months ago #16650

• Holydr4gon
  • Thank you received: 14
JackHerrer wrote:
''4th factioning and alt chars are forbidden on Ceres. Our outfit has been made through NC efforts,
and that should still be respected. If you already have an alt on Ceres however, it is not allowed
to attack NC forces or bases.''

Approved. Yes. Da. Oui. Ja. Si. Aha. +1 ecc.

If you want to kill NC go elsewhere you rebel scum :D

Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Holydr4gon.
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds