Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hi, how are you? Application

Hi, how are you? Application 4 years 7 months ago #1607

• HIHOWAREYOU
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 58
Hey there,

I'm Xenoph, age 24, been playing PS2 since a few weeks after release. After a fun platoon and reading up on your forums a bit I decided I'd like to join you guys.

Some basic details about my char:

BR 44, 300+ hours playtime, 108 score/min, 1.95 k/d (details: players.planetside2.com/#!/5428016459737345489/stats)
Almost exclusively playing Engineer; Nanite Tool 6, Flak 4, GD-7F

Vehicles:

Mineguard 4, Ammo 1, Blockade 1 Sundy
Tank Buster/Zepher/Walker Lib
And a Flash with glorious turbo(!)

Looking forward to fighting with you,
HIHOWAREYOU
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hi, how are you? Application 4 years 7 months ago #1609

• hbw
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 170
recognise the name from reddit, thumbs up from me!

Hi, how are you? Application 4 years 7 months ago #1610

• MrPokealot
  • Officer
  • Thank you received: 154
I like your loadouts. Definitely on my list of top few things to get in-game, it shows you know your game.

Hi, how are you? Application 4 years 7 months ago #1655

• HIHOWAREYOU
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks HBW and Poke!
I like your loadouts. Definitely on my list of top few things to get in-game, it shows you know your game.

Glad you say that, let me give a short and (probably inconsistent :D) story of how I ended up with some of them.

In my early days I swore vengeance to VS for dominating my back then favourite continent, Esamir. So to have a chance against them, I invested in a Lib to tear them up. Had some quite nice runs with Shredder and it worked surprisingly well as being pushed all the way back or close to the Warpgate, we could do hit-and-run attacks on their lines, sometimes even push out!

As I got more and more experienced though I started to neglect the Lib (got the Zepher/Tank Buster/Walker on it though) and went on with infantry gameplay. Got Nano Kit 5 quite early on but never really knew about the usefulness of Flak armor until into the 30s (:D). I've unlocked and use most gadgets since then, even Stickies since they fixed them (bar C4, never really made myself buy the second block, BBs and TMs got its place).

I have always been playing Engineer as I love its versatility, the ability to tune it to most challenges/needs/opportunities battles give us. Being able to help out (and deal with) both vehicles and infantry really just made it a no-brainer. :)

On another note, I've been a bit around in your platoons today, had some fun fights (as much as one can with 10-15 fps :P), good chance you only noticed my presence early in the morning though when I successfully got annihilated by a maniacally rushing Sundy at Dahaka, thinking my Tank Mines can activate within a reasonable time... (so much for using myself as decoy!) :D

Hi, how are you? Application 4 years 7 months ago #1668

• Backf1re
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 174
Hey mate, welcome to the Maniacs

Hi, how are you? Application 4 years 7 months ago #1707

• MePhizto
  • Outfit Leader
  • Thank you received: 395
Hello there H,h.a.y. and welcome to the boards!

Might call you Hay from now on. I have been talking to you b4 because there were somethings I wanted to know about you. You responded very well to those questions so I can't see any problems with you joining us. I will talk to my officers and see what they have to say and then we'll come back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, keep squading up with our boys and keep kick VS and TR asses!

One more thing, I liked your application, especially since you expanded it a bit in your second post. Just a quick question; I am curious, where are you from?

I hope to see you in-game soon. Take care fella!
Last Edit: 4 years 7 months ago by MePhizto.

Hi, how are you? Application 4 years 7 months ago #1720

• HIHOWAREYOU
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Back and Meph!

I'm from Hungary, a small Central-Eastern European country, was part of the Warsaw pact but now EU. :)
If you're travelling around, make sure to check out the capital, Budapest. It really is gorgeous!
Moderators: Gribbstar
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds